Grody words & a few that are ingenious.

I have a list of words that gross me right out. And here are a few:

Please do not ever use the word “moist” around me. Especially with  “towelette.” No need for further discussion. Oh, this reminds me… “wet nap” is right up there in the disgusting category.

If you use the word “coupon” PLEASE pronounce it “Que-pon” in my company and not “Coo-pon.” <GAG! just spelling it made me nauseous.>

I have a major problemo when someone says a wound or otherwise medical condition is “weeping.” (Again….mentally throwing up while typing….)

Pus.

Scab. <ralphing right now!>

Here is a phrase that I see on t-shirts or the likes…that makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with hot pokers.  “HOT MESS”   NO! Please never again. If you use this phrase, we may have to end our friendship.

And here are a few trendy phrases that unless you use them a minimal of 67 times a day,  evidently you will be cast out of society and deemed “un-cool” :

“At the end of the day………”

“I know…. right?”

PLEASE, PLEASE… especially as an adult…. stay far from the reaches of the term… “Chillaxin.” Especially on your Facebook status. I have most likely already de-friended you.

My kids think the word “meal” is gross. I think I “get” it. And Big Injun Man detests the word “snack.”

Chunk” Chunky salsa….. you may be good, but you do NOT abide in my fridge.

OK, enough negativity for the day. How about a few really cool, fun words??

My favorite is “goat.” I mean…who came up with that? A “goat!!” How clever! Instantaneously I smile when I hear the word and get a wonderful mental image of a precious little face with a tiny beard.

I like the word “mitten.” Again, it makes me think of something cute..and innocent.

Donkey

I took this picture a couple of days ago…my neighbors just got two donkeys.

Periwinkle”

Even though I have never used it… I like the word “Dip-thong.” I think it is a part of speech?? Or a ….  oh…never mind.

“Smorgasbord.”  ← very cool!!

My sister keeps texting me about once a week and uses the term… “post-haste.” I must admit…it’s pretty invigorating if I do say so myself.

Tell me some of your favorite words… or words that gross you out!

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: funny, humor, life

Author:onemom4rugrats

I am Rachel. I have a skewed sense of reality and I like to live through my imagination. Unfortuntely, that has taken me down some rocky roads and I am here to share some snippets of what happens when a girl has a mind of her own.

Like it? Well...subscribe then! So I can haunt you via email :)

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

12 Comments on “Grody words & a few that are ingenious.”

1. April 1, 2011 at 3:02 pm #

LOL This cracked me UP!!! I’ll have to think up a few words that I hate and get back to you on that. But one i really like is “ludicrous” – it’s just fun to say!

2. April 1, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

This is funny because I wrote a similar post not that long ago on exactly the same thing! “Moist” is an excellent one as is “fluid.” Others are “discharge”and “journey.”

• April 2, 2011 at 5:01 pm #

I knew someone did! It was you, I remember! And I passed that link on to you of the business terms that horrify me.

So there is also my answer to Rachel: I don’t really have any words I don’t like, but I have a heap of business jargon terms I hate with a passion! Check out MomFog’s post if you want to see what she and I dislike!

3. April 1, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

I’ll have to go check it out!

• April 2, 2011 at 5:02 pm #

Missed this when I was commenting above. :( Sorry

4. lifewith4cats
    April 2, 2011 at 3:19 pm #

I was going to contribute to this list but my mind went blank because all I can picture now is goats with mittens. Vey nice!

• April 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

Thanks Sara! I really needed to have that image stuck in my head on a Sunday morning. ;)

• lifewith4cats
        April 2, 2011 at 6:03 pm #

Is this a good or bad thing? Some where in this big wide blogspere is a post about goats in coats as well. (cant recall)

How about these funny words? Tidlywinks. and pumpernickle.

• April 2, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

It’s just a bit – unsettling so early in the morning. I have images of the goats trying to keep their mittens clean in the meadow.

What about thingymebob? Not sure of the spelling, but I like the word. “Get me that thingymebob”.

5. April 5, 2011 at 7:23 am #

I found a word for you Rachel, I just had to share.

discombobulating